If you deal with large volumes of paper documents on a regular basis, you will know first-hand how space consuming they can be. Whether stored in filing cabinets, in draws and desks of even externally, they take up more space than many realise, and can actually cost businesses money when it comes to locating these files.
Often causing delays with finding and extracting the information you need, searching through thousands of paper documents can be a long, drawn out process that reduces productivity tenfold. But that’s where Pearl Scan comes in. We offer document scanning for all types of documents, regardless of size or format that can really help you to drive your business forward.
The reasons to be considering a document scanning service solution:
- Your office may be overrun with documents, files, boxes and filing cabinets.
- You may be looking for a solution to tighter deadlines and stricter budgets.
- You may be struggling to find the information you need fast and accurately.
- You may be looking for a compliant solution to your document management issues.
- You may want to streamline work processes and improve work flow.
- You may want to achieve a paperless office or work towards Activity-Based Working (ABW).
Whatever the reason, Pearl Scan can help. We utilise high speed, industry standard scanners to produce top quality scans in a quick turnaround. Our document scanning service can digitise everything from small piles of documents, folders and ring binders to large bulk archives with loose pages, envelopes, receipts and post-it notes.
Document scanning services
Our document scanning services are tailor made for:
- Invoice scanning
- Employee file scanning
- Legal documents scanning
- Student record and archive scanning
- Patient medical file scanning
- Delivery note scanning
- Planning and building control scanning
- Aerospace document scanning
We can aid numerous of other industries, so >get in touch today!
Pearl Scan’s document scanning process
Before the process begins, we will carefully analyse your needs, prepare proof-of-concept samples and explore several options before recommending and implementing the most suitable and cost-effective solution. Whatever your needs, we can tailor our document scanning service to suit you.
Fast and secure nationwide collection service
Our secure vans and team of collection coordinators can collect your documents from anywhere in United Kingdom on either the same or the next day, to suit you. We can also supply our secure A3 size boxes, which can hold bundles, folders, hanging files and any other loose documents.
Preparing your documents for scanning
Prior to scanning documents, we go through the files and remove any document fasteners, such as staples, paperclips, treasury tags and post-it notes. All documents, including the attachments and receipts, are kept in their original order to ensure a smooth and accurate scanning process takes place and to guarantee the quality of all documents scanned.
Document scanning service
We use the latest scanners equipped with ultra-sonic, double-feed, automated colour detection and image processing applications. We can scan to any preferred format, such as searchable PDF, TIFF and JPEG. We can scan documents as small as a till receipt right up to A3 large format drawings and plans in full colour, grey scale or black and white.
File indexing and categorisation
Once the documents have been scanned, we can then index each document by its relevant file/document data, for example, title, name, address, reference number, date etc. to enable better archiving capabilities. This type of indexing involves:
- Image indexing and index verification
- Scanning text with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Database creation
The success of these digitised documents is measured by how quickly and easily you can access them. Whether for day-to-day retrieval purposes or for archival storage, Pearl Scan can develop efficient indexing schemes for legal practices, NHS, government departments, HR departments, educational institutes and engineering sectors.
Optical Character Recognition
We also offer OCR processing in order to convert your documents to fully text-searchable documents should you require. This can be very beneficial for searching particular documents by their contents, such as both keywords, while the OCR search used together can help to locate any misfiled documents.
Quality assurance and control
All of our scanning services are fully accredited to ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance standards. In addition to this, we have developed our internal quality-control procedures to ensure that both the scanning process and digitalisation meets the required industry standards.
Data delivery medium
The scanned images (data) are normally supplied on CD, DVD, USB, secure FTP, Halogen or our very own Pearl Cloud portal. To ensure the security and confidentiality of the data delivery, we can encrypt the entire data using the highest available level of encryption.
As well as providing data in a standard PDF file format, should your department or company not have any document management system, we can supply the data in our free document management software, Halogen, or host it for you on our secure Pearl Cloud portal. We can also supply data to Microsoft SharePoint.
Secure document shredding and disposal
Once you have approved the disks, your papers can either be returned to you, securely disposed of via our environmentally friendly document shredding processes or we can deep store them for a further required period.
Why choose Pearl Scan for document scanning?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider Pearl Scan to digitise and convert your documents:
- We are a UK Document Scanning company with over a decade of experience working with the most reputable companies in the UK.
- We are a creative and friendly team of professionals who are easy to approach.
- We have custom-built a scanning bureau around security, safety, confidentiality and scalability.
- We have the infrastructure to support small to large scanning volumes as well as both short to long-term projects.
- We have in-house document management development facilities to offer bespoke solutions.
- We are a one-stop scanning service provider.
- We can help you go paperless with paperless office solutions.
- We boast our very own cloud powered secure document hosting service, Pearl Cloud.
- We offer our open source document management software for free with our scanning projects.
- We offer a fully supported document scanning service and management system in London, Manchester, Birmingham, and throughout the UK.
- We cater for bulk document scanning
- Our Document Scanning services have been audited and approved by many NHS, Local Authority and private blue chip companies. See Pearl Scan’s accreditations.