If you deal with paper documents on a regular basis, you will know how space consuming they can be, especially when stored in large quantities in bulky filing cabinets. This also causes issues with finding and extracting the information you need resulting in a drawn out process which can affect the productivity of your office. Pearl Scan offers document scanning for all types of documents no matter how big or small the project, we can help.
You might be looking for document scanning services for a number of reasons:
- Your office may be overrun with documents, files, boxes and filing cabinets.
- You may be looking for a solution to tighter deadlines and stricter budgets.
- You may be struggling to find the information you need fast and accurately.
- You may be looking for a compliant solution to your document management issues.
- You may want to streamline work processes and improve workflow.
- You may want to achieve a paperless office or work towards Activity-Based Working (ABW).
Whatever the reason, Pearl Scan can help. We utilise high speed, industry standard scanners to produce top quality scans in a quick turnaround. Our document scanning service can digitise from a small pile of documents, folders and ring binders to large bulk archives with loose pages, envelopes, receipts and post-it notes.
Our document scanning services are tailor made for:
- Invoice Scanning
- Legal documents scanning
- Employee file scanning
- Patient medical file scanning
- Student record and archive scanning
- Delivery note scanning
- Planning and building control
- Aerospace document scanning
Our Document Scanning Process
Before the process begins, we will carefully analyse your needs, prepare proof-of-concept samples and explore options before recommending and implementing the most suitable and cost effective solution. Whatever your needs, we can tailor our document scanning service to suit you.
Fast and Secure Nationwide Collection Service
Our secure vans and team of collection coordinators can collect your documents from anywhere in United Kingdom the same or the next day, as required. We can also supply our secure A3 size boxes, which can hold bundles, folders, hanging files and any other loose documents.
Preparing Your Documents For Scanning
Prior to scanning documents, we go through the files and remove any document fasteners, such as staples, paperclips, treasury tags and post-it notes. All documents, including the attachments and receipts, are all kept in their original order to ensure a smooth and accurate scanning process takes place and to guarantee the quality of all documents scanned.
Document Scanning Service
We use the latest scanners equipped with ultra-sonic double-feed, automated colour detection and image processing applications. We can scan to PDF or any other preferred format such as searchable PDF, TIFF and JPEG. We can scan documents as small as a till receipt right up to A3 large format drawings and plans in full colour, greyscale or black and white.
File Indexing and Categorisation
Once a document has been scanned we can then index each document by its relevant file / document data, for example, Title, Name, Address, Reference number, date etc. for better archiving capabilities. This type of indexing involves:
- Image indexing and index verification
- Scanning text with OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Database creation
The success of digitised documents is measured by how quickly and easily you can access them. Whether for day to day retrieval purposes or archival storage, Pearl Scan can develop efficient indexing scheme for legal practices, NHS, government departments, HR departments, educational institutes and engineering sectors.
Optical Character Recognition
We can also offer OCR processing to convert your documents to fully text-searchable documents. This can be very beneficial for searching particular documents by their contents, e.g. keywords as well as OCR search helps to locate any misfiled documents.
Quality Assurance and Control
All of our scanning services are fully accredited to ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance standards. In addition to this, we have developed our internal quality-control procedures to ensure that the scanning process and digitalisation meets the required industry standards.
Data Delivery Medium
The scanned images (data) is normally supplied on CD, DVD, USB, secure FTP, Halogen or our Pearl Cloud portal. For the security and confidentiality of the data delivery, we can encrypt the entire data using highest level of encryption.
As well as providing data in a standard PDF file format, if your department or company does not have any document management system we can supply the data in our free document management software, Halogen, or host it for you on our secure Pearl Cloud portal. We can also supply data in Ms. SharePoint format.
Secure Document Shredding and Disposal
Once you have approved the disks your papers can either be returned to you, securely disposed of via environmentally friendly document shredding processes or we can deep store them for a further required period.
Why Choose Pearl Scan for Scanning Documents?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider Pearl Scan to digitise and convert your documents:
- We are a UK document scanning company with over a decade of experience working with the most reputable companies in the UK.
- We are a creative and friendly team of professionals who are easy to approach.
- We have custom built a scanning bureau around security, safety, confidentiality and scalability.
- We have the infrastructure to support small to large scanning volumes as well as both short to long-term projects.
- We have in-house document management development facilities to offer bespoke solutions.
- We are a one-stop scanning service provider.
- We can help you go paperless with paperless office solutions
- Pearl Cloud is our cloud powered secure document hosting service.
- We also offer our open source document management software for FREE with our scanning projects.
- We offer a fully supported document scanning service and management system in London, Manchester, Birmingham and throughout the UK.
- We cater for Bulk Document Scanning projects.
- Our document scanning scanning services have been audited and approved by many NHS, Local Authority and private blue chip companies. See accreditations.