Document Scanning Solutions
Converting print files to digital will save your business space, time and ultimately money. So why not transform your working practices and overcome issues around document storage, management and compliance with help from document scanning company Pearl Scan Group?
Safe, secure and professional
With the ability to scan over 10 million documents per month in our dedicated scan centre, we have become a leading supplier for public and private sector businesses such as the BBC, Ginsters, NHS, Environment Agency, BAE, BSkyB, the University of Oxford and many smaller organisations and SMEs.
Whether it’s a small one-off job, or ongoing support, we can help in a safe, secure and professional way that complies to industry good practice.
How the document scanning process works
- Collection. We will arrange the collection of your documents, to a timescale that suits your needs. Where required, the whole collection / scan / delivery process can be turned around in 24 hours.
- Conversion. Files are presented as either PDFs, TIFFs, PDF/As or Jpegs or to any other required format. The files can also be scanned for optical character recognition (OCR), to produce a searchable PDF format. We can also arrange to have files scanned into your existing electronic document management system – just ask.
- Delivery. All digital documents and folders are presented as per your requirements. Some clients prefer to have their files organised in Microsoft Windows folders and subfolders. Others prefer to take advantage of a more advanced document storage and retrieval approach using our free, in-house Halogen or Pearl Cloud software. We are happy to discuss options that will best suit you.
- Shredding. Once scanned and the digital data has been received by the client, the paper documents are securely stored for the interim Quality Assurance period. Most of our clients will then require the original scanned material to be securely shredded. Pearl Scan shredding services conform to the British Security Industry Association (BSIA), data protection, the environment agency and government regulations. Upon completion of the shredding process, a shredding certificate is also issued to the client to complete the audit trail process.
Our areas of expertise
To give you an idea of our wide experience as a document scanning company, here are the kinds of departments and organisations that use our digital document scanning services.
- Accounts payable departments. Suppliers’ invoices, statements, debit/credit notes, expenses, bank reconditions, audit reports.
- Human resources management. Employee files and payroll records.
- NHS and health care. Patient files, GPs’ Lloyd George envelopes, dental records, mental health, occupational health.
- Legal departments. Client files, commercial documentation, conveyancing files, tenancy files, litigation documents, case files, intellectual property rights, permissions files.
- Operations and administration. Collection, delivery and dispatch notes; site files and plans; health & safety files.
- Local councils and housing associations. Planning and building control files, maps and plans, housing and tenancy files.
- Universities and schools. Pupils’ and students’ files, payroll, HR files, archives, students’ registration cards.
- Manufacturing and production departments. Clients’ files, production records, technical drawings and maps, audit reports.
- Post room departments. All incoming post.
- Shredding services. A full secure shredding service, available onsite or collection.
Seamless integration with your systems
Our software division will also scan documents in a digital file format compatible with your existing electronic document management system (EDMS). We will provide scanned documents that seamlessly integrate with Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365, DocuWare, Alchemy, Invu, Sage, SAP or other ERP systems.
Free document management and retrieval software
Pearl Scan Group’s dedicated software development division also offers clients document management, storage and retrieval solutions. There are two options:
- Fully managed Pearl Cloud software. This unique cloud storage platform will look after your storage and retrieval needs, providing employees with secure passwords and taking care of all admin. It eliminates the need for any in-house hardware, software, backups and maintenance.
- Free locally managed Halogen software. With both standalone and network versions, Halogen provides flexible and scalable options to SMEs and large corporations.