Is your office becoming overrun with documents, files, boxes and filing cabinets? Can't find the information you need fast and accurately? Document scanning services could be just the solution you're looking for.
Document Scanning Service
Pearl Scan provides a one-stop solution from collection, scanning and OCR processing to secure storage and shredding all over the UK.
Whether you are looking for;
- One off scanning of your documents or archive to electronic format,
- An advanced department or company document management solution,
- Or simply to have your document scanned to disk or USB to securely store your documents.
We can cater for requests from small document scanning to large bulk scanning projects and regular scanning requirements. We have the infrastructure, flexibility and support to help you with your scanning, archiving and document management needs.
What Can Be Scanned?
- Financial Documents
- Legal Documents
- HR Records
- Medical Records
- Post-it notes
At Pearl Scan, we can digitise anything from a small pile of documents, folders and ring binders to large bulk archives with loose pages, envelopes, receipts and post-it notes.
Put simply, if you have paper which needs scanning, we can scan it. That’s why we’re the Scan-Do People!
This is How We Scan Documents
Before the process begins, we will carefully analyse your needs, prepare proof-of-concept samples and explore options before recommending and implementing the most suitable and cost effective solution. Whether you work in finance, HR, law, NHS & healthcare, education or any other industry, we can tailor our service to suit your needs.
Fast and Secure Nationwide Collection Service
Our secure vans and team of collection coordinators can collect your documents from anywhere in United Kingdom the same or the next day, as required. We can also supply our secure A3 size boxes, which can hold bundles, folders, hanging files and any other loose documents.
Preparing Your Documents
Prior to scanning documents, we go through the files and remove any document fasteners, such as staples, paperclips, treasury tags and post-it notes. All documents, including the attachments and receipts, are all kept in their original order to ensure a smooth and accurate scanning process takes place and to guarantee the quality of all documents scanned.
We use the latest scanners equipped with ultra-sonic double-feed, automated colour detection and image processing applications. We can scan to PDF or any other preferred format such as searchable PDF, TIFF and JPEG. We can scan documents as small as a till receipt right up to A3 large format drawings and plans in full colour, greyscale or black and white.
File Indexing and Categorisation
Once a document is scanned we can then index each document by its relevant file / document data, for example, Title, Name, Address, Reference number, date etc. for better archiving capabilities. This type of indexing involves:
- Image indexing and index verification
- Scanning text with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) (Optical Character Recognition)
- Database creation
The success of digitised documents is measured by how quickly and easily you can access them. Whether for day to day retrieval purposes or archival storage, Pearl Scan can develop efficient indexing scheme for legal practices, NHS, government departments, HR departments, educational institutes and engineering sectors.
Optical Character Recognition
We can also offer OCR processing to convert your documents to fully text-searchable documents. This can be very beneficial for searching particular documents by their contents, e.g. keywords as well as OCR search helps to locate any misfiled documents.
Quality Assurance and Control
All of our scanning services are fully accredited to ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance standards. In addition to this, we have developed our internal quality-control procedures to ensure that the scanning process and digitalisation meets the required industry standards.
Data Delivery Medium
The scanned images (data) is normally supplied on CD, DVD, USB, secure FTP, Halogen or our Pearl Cloud portal. For the security and confidentiality of the data delivery, we can encrypt the entire data using highest level of encryption.
As well as providing data in a standard PDF file format, if your department or company does not have any document management system we can supply the data in our free document management software, Halogen, or host it for you on our secure Pearl Cloud portal. We can also supply data in Ms. SharePoint format.
Secure Document Shredding and Disposal
Once you have approved the disks your papers can either be returned to you, securely disposed of via environmentally friendly document shredding processes or we can deep store them for a further required period.
Document Scanning Company
Why should I outsource document scanning services?
This is a question we hear from a lot of potential clients and the answer is simple. By outsourcing the services you can get professional quality scans in a quick turnaround without the stress of having to complete the job in-house. Our document scanning services also come with our free document management software, Halogen, as an option to help you get started with your electronic document storage, management and archiving.
We promise to beat any like-for-like quotation to ensure that our customers always receive the best value for their money and peace of mind guarantee for the services we provide.
Why Choose Pearl Scan For Scanning Documents?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider Pearl Scan to digitise and convert your documents:
- We have over a decade of experience working with the most reputable companies in the UK.
- We are a creative and friendly team of professionals who are easy to approach.
- We have a custom built scanning bureau around security, safety, confidentiality and scalability.
- We have the infrastructure to support small-to-large, bulk scanning as well as quick-to-long terms projects.
- We have in-house document management development facilities to offer bespoke solutions.
- We are a one-stop service for the entire scanning and conversion process.
- We can scan documents exactly how you want with our fully bespoke service.
- Pearl Cloud is our cloud powered secure document hosting service.
- We also offer our open source document management software for FREE with our scanning projects.
- We are backed up by external quality and security audits.
- We offer a fully supported service and management system in London, Manchester, Birmingham and throughout the UK.
- Record Scanning in London and Manchester.
- We cater for Bulk Document Scanning projects.
- Our scanning services have been audited and approved by many NHS, Local Authority and private blue chip companies. See accreditations.
The Scan-do Peopletm
For more information feel free to give us a call:
Nationwide: 0845 22 55 923 London: 0207 183 1885
Manchester: 0161 832 7991 Birmingham: 0121 285 1900
More questions? visit our FAQ page.