Document Scanning Services
Organisations and departments who deal with paper based documents on a regular basis or refer back to an archive will know first-hand how space and time-consuming to work with hard copy documents can be. Whether stored in filing cabinets or archive boxes either internally or externally, they can take up more space than many may realise, and cost businesses time and money when it comes to locating information from paper based documents.
Often causing delays with finding and extracting the information you need, searching through thousands of paper documents can be a long-drawn process that reduces productivity and efficiency typically by tenfold.
Many organisation have now realised the cost associated with ongoing management, storage and compliance and are exploring their options to convert their records to a digital format. Read more...
Pearl Scan Group’s service bureau is at the fore-front of investing in the latest document scanning, digitisation, data capture and conversion technology. This enabled our scanning service bureau to provide scalable, flexible and cost effective document scanning and management solutions.
Our document scanning and data capture bureau has the capacity to scan and process 10 x million images per month. Our clients requirements range from small to medium one-off to regular ongoing scanning to large volume one-off backlog scanning projects. Our document scanning bureau typically scans and convert the following documents on regular bases;
- Accounts Payable Department
Supplier’s invoices, statements, debit/credit notes, expenses, bank reconditions, audit reports etc.
- Human Resources Management
Employee files and payroll records.
- NHS and Health Care
Patient files, GP’s Lloyd George envelopes, dental records, mental health, occupational health, etc.
- Legal Departments
Client files, commercial documentation, conveyancing files, tenancy files, litigation documents, case files, intellectual property rights, permissions files, etc.
- Operations and Administration
Collection, delivery and dispatch notes; site files and plans, health & safety, etc.
- Local Councils and Housing Associations
Planning and building control files, maps and plans, housing and tenancy files and social services etc.
- Universities and Schools
Pupil’s and students files, payroll, HR, archives, student’s registration cards.
- Manufacturing and Production Departments
Client’s files, production records, technical drawings and maps, audit reports etc.
- Post Room Department
All incoming post.
Document Scanning To Digital File Format
These days most of our clients prefer to have their documents scanned and converted to PDF file format, however there are other formats which the documents can be scanned and converted to such as TIFF, PDF/A and Jpeg etc. In addition to having an image/scan of the document, the scanned images can be processed using an OCR technology which performs an optical characters recognition. Read more...
The scanned files (TIFF, PDF or Text Searchable PDF) are then typically indexed by the required file storage and search criteria. Depending on the need of the client and how often the files/documents are to be accessed, the indexation can be carried out at the file/folder or document level. Upon completion of the document scanning process, the data can be supplied on a Disc, USB Stick/Hard-drive or via SFTP.
Digital Storage With Retrieval Options
Some of our clients prefer to have the scanned files/folders and documents organised in typical Microsoft Windows folder/sub-folders structure, and other prefer to use more advance document storage and retrieval approach using our in-house open source Halogen software.
Document Scanning Services Delivered To Third Party Applications
For client’s who are using any third party electronic document management system (EDMS), such as Ms. SharePoint, SAP, DocuWare, Alchemy, Planning Portal, Version 1, Sage, ERP Systems, etc. and would like to import the scanned documents into their existing system, may wish to have the data in their preferred file format (TIFF/PDF/Searchable PDG, Jpeg) and the index data (metadata) in a CSV/XML etc. format – whatever is the requirement, our document scanning and data capture service bureau can accommodate.
Document Scanning Designed For Your Needs
Here are a few good reasons that we think as well as are testified by our existing clients that why you should consider Pearl Scan Group to digitise and convert your documents. In case you need further assurance, you can contact us to let our Sales Team know and they will be happy to provide you with any written references, case studies or arrange a site visit.
- Successfully serving the nationwide document scanning and data capture industry since 2003.
- Accredited to EN BS 9001, 27001, 14001, committed to IIP, PCI, Skills Pledge and ICO.
- A custom-built document scanning bureau around security, scalability and flexibility.
- Robust infrastructure to support small to large document scanning volumes as well as both short to long-term projects.
- Trusted by many well established and globally known organisations such as the BBC, NHS, University of Oxford & Cambridge, Gunnies World of Records and many more.
- To support our clients in need for a digital document management solution, we have developed our very own document management software and released it for free of charge as an open-source software – adding value and driving efficiency.
- We are always thinking of ways to reduce document scanning and data capture services cost for our clients and constantly evolving from a typical box-standard document scanning service centre to a more of personal and creative service provider.
- In-house document management development facility to offer bespoke scanning services.
- Pearl Cloud system to provide state of the art cloud based document management.