Document Scanning Services
Organisations and departments who deal with paper based documents on a regular basis or refering back to an archive will know first-hand working with hard copy documents and how space and time-consuming it can be. Whether stored in filing cabinets or archive boxes either internally or externally, they can take up more space than many may realise, and cost businesses time and money when it comes to locating information from paper based documents.
Many organisations have now realised the cost associated with ongoing management, storage and compliance and are exploring their options to convert their records to a digital format. Due to the advances in the document scanning and conversion to digital format technology, it has revolutionised the document scanning services industry.
Our document scanning and data capture bureau has the capacity to scan and process 10 million images per month. Our clients requirements range from small to large volumes of scaning, one-off to regular ongoing scanning service or one-off backlog of scanning projects. Our document scanning company typically scans and converts the following documents on regular basis;
- Accounts Payable Department
- Human Resources Management
- NHS and Health Care
- Legal Departments
Operations and Administration
Collection, delivery and dispatch notes; site files and plans, health & safety, etc.
- Local Councils and Housing Associations
- Universities and Schools
Manufacturing and Production Departments
Client files, production records, technical drawings and maps, audit reports etc.
- Post Room Department
Document Scanning File Format
These days most of our clients prefer to have their documents scanned and converted to PDF file format, however there are other formats which the documents can be scanned and converted to, such as TIFF, PDF/A and Jpeg etc. In addition to having an image/scan of the document, the scanned images can be processed using an OCR software which performs an optical characters recognition.
The scanned files (TIFF, PDF or Text Searchable PDF) are then typically indexed by the required file storage and search criteria. Depending on the need of the client and how often the files/documents are to be accessed, the indexation can be carried out at the file/folder or document level.
Upon completion of the document scanning process, the data can be supplied on a Disc, USB Stick/Hard-drive or via SFTP.
Document Storage and Retrieval Option
Some of our clients prefer to have the scanned files/folders and documents organised in typical Microsoft Windows folder/sub-folders structure, and other prefer to use more advance document storage and retrieval approach using our in-house open source Halogen software.
Document Scanning Services Delivered Third Party Application
For client's who are using any third party electronic document management system (EDMS), such as MS. SharePoint, SAP, DocuWare, Alchemy, Planning Portal, Version 1, Sage, ERP Systems etc,
If you would like to discuss your document scanning requirements, please contact us and our document scanning sales specialists will provide you all the details, quotation or answers to any questions that you may have.
Document Scanning Designed For Your Needs
Whatever your needs are either small or large volume document scanning, we can tailor our document scanning services to suit you.
Here are a few good reasons that we think as well as are testified by our existing clients that why you should consider Pearl Scan Group to digitise and convert your documents. In case you need further assurance, please let our Sales Team know and they will be happy to provide you with any written references, case studies or arrange a site visit.
- Successfully serving nationwide in the document scanning and data capture industry since 2003
- Accredited to EN BS 9001, 27001, 14001, committed to IIP, PCI, Skills Pledge and ICO
- A custom-built document scanning bureau around security, scalability and flexibility
- Robust infrastructure to support small to large document scanning volumes as well as both short to long-term projects
- Trusted by many well established and globally known organisations such as the BBC, NHS, University of Oxford & Cambridge, Guinness World of Records and many more
- To support our clients in need for a digital document management solution, we have developed our very own document management software and released it for free of charge as an open-source software – adding value and driving efficiency
- We are always thinking of ways to reduce document scanning and data capture services cost for our clients and constantly evolving from a typical box-standard document scanning service centre to a more of personal and creative service provider.
- In-house document management development facility to offer bespoke scanning services
- We offer a fully supported document scanning service and management system in London, Manchester, Birmingham, and throughout the UK.
- Pearl Cloud system to provide state of the art cloud based document management.
As a document scanning company Pearl Scan Group's service bureau is at the fore-front of investing in the latest document scanning, digitisation, data capture and conversion technology. This enables our scanning service bureau to provide scalable, flexible and cost effective document scanning and management solutions.