Microfiche scanning and microfilm scanning services
We offer high quality microfiche and microfilm scanning services at Pearl Scan. Whether you need to convert microfiche to PDF or other formats such as TIFF, JPEG and more, our solutions can help.
Microfilm and microfiche were once the best option for storing and archiving information, but now digital solutions offer economical, secure and fast access to data. However, your microfilm files do not need to become unused and when using our microfilm scanning services we can convert microfiche to PDF or any other formal to unleash the information they hold.
We provide Halogen to businesses who are looking to use us to scan and convert large archive of their microfilm or microfiche, free of charge. This is our document storage, archive and retrieval software, developed in-house by Pearl Scan.
What formats can our microfiche scanning service digitise?
We know that there are many types, size and variety of microfiche and microfilm. Below is a list of the microfilm and microfiche formats we can scan as part of our specialised scanning service.
16mm Microfiche [Jacketed, or Diazo Copy]
- Used to archive A3/A4 documents
- Size is 6 x 4 inches.
- When full contains typically 98 frames of data
- Often used to archive large engineering plans, building/construction plans and newspapers
- Size is 6 x 4 inches
- Can hold 12-15 pages per microfiche
- Contains both 16mm and 35mm images
- Mainly used in the building industry and local authorities
- Size is 6 x 4 inches, contains mixture of A3/A4 documents and plans
COM Microfiche (Computer Output to Microfiche)
- Used in a corporate environment to store and archive mainframe or computer generated reports and data
- Widely used in the vehicle manufacturing industry to archive parts lists, catalogues, reports, payroll data, etc.
- Size is 6 x 4 inches, contains up 270 pages per microfiche
16mm Microfilm Reel / Roll / Spool
- Used to archive A3/A4 documents
- Standard microfilm typically contains average 2,400 images
35mm Microfilm Reel / Roll / Spool
- Used to archive large format drawings, architectural plans and newspapers
- Standard microfilm typically contains between 500 - 700 images
Microfilm Cartridge / Cassettes
- Same as 16mm and 35mm Microfilm specification, but housed in a cassette / cartridge format
Our microfiche scanning and microfilm scanning approach
We have the infrastructure to handle all different sizes, types and volumes of microfiche and microfilm. We cater for small to large microfilm and microfiche archives, from scanning, conversion, printing, copying to paper or disk format.
For businesses who are looking to scan and convert large archive of their microfilm or microfiche we provide Halogen which is an open source, free of charge document archive and retrieval software.
How our microfiche and microfilm scanning service works
Fast and secure collection service
We can collect your microfilm and microfiche from anywhere in UK on the same or the next day, as required.
The microfiche scanning and microfilm scanning process
We use the latest microfiche scanners at our scanning bureau. This ensures we produce impeccable quality scans and accurate images at impressive speeds, always delivering a quick turnaround. We can convert microfilm to PDF and other organised digital files, storing them onto CDs, DVDs or our Halogen software platform so they can be viewed, printed, emailed and shared amongst other users on a PC or laptop.
OCR (conversion to a text searchable format)
As well as being able to convert microfiche to PDF and other electronic formats such as TIFF or JPEG, we can then convert these scanned images to text searchable PDF files by applying OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology. OCR can also be used to convert microfilm and microfiche scanned images (only printed pages) into fully editable Microsoft Word, Excel, CSV or ASCII text files as well as XML and HTML files.
Benefits of microfiche scanning and microfilm scanningEliminate the need of a reader or printer
Microfilm and microfiche readers can be removed and the cost of consumables and maintenance is eliminated.Instant and easy access
Search through masses of scanned documents quicker and easier than ever before in its digital format, rather than trying to locate the physical microfilm or microfiche files.Access from anywhere, anytime
A digital archive of microfilm or microfiche offers the best location and time flexibility, perfect for enabling a mobile or flexible workforce. Scanned and converted digital images are also much easier to share and distribute between different users.Document sharing and distribution
It is much more flexible with the scanned and converted digital images to share and distribute between different users.Save cost
Storing microfiche and microfilm files digitally is much more cost effective than physical methods.Increase efficiencyin the workplace
Efficiency rises and productivity improves significantly as documents are faster and easier to find in digital format.Boosts staff morale
A simple, digital system will help your staff get more work done, boosting their morale in the workplace.Space
Space for microfilm or microfiche storage cabinets, readers and printers is no longer required. It can now be reclaimed for other business use.Preserve data
Microfilm and microfiche deteriorates with time. Keep vital information safe with a digital archive. Data is also much more secure and easy to safeguard in electronic format, compared to any hard copy archive of microfilm or microfiche.Environmentally conscious
Reduced use of microfilm and resources boosts your green credentials.Document and data security
Reduced use of microfilm and resources boosts your green credentials.
Why choose Pearl Scan for your microfilm scanning and microfiche scanning services?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider Pearl Scan scanning and conversion services:
- A decade of experience working with the most reputable companies in the UK.
- Pearl Scan is a team of friendly, knowledgeable and creative scanning experts.
- Custom built scanning bureau around security, safety, confidentiality and scalability.
- We offer a one-stop service for all microfilm scanning and digital conversion needs.
- We have the infrastructure to support projects of all sizes.
- Customers have the choice to our free document storage ↦ retrieval software. Read about Halogen.
- Backed up by external quality and security audits.
- Fully supported services and management system throughout the UK.
- We are backed up by external quality and security audits, including ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 27001 (Information Management System) and EMS 14001 (Environment Management System) and Data Protection 1998.
- Create more office space by removing any boxes of film reels and drawers of microfiche slides.
- Historic public records could even be uploaded online for the public to view which saves time on retrieving records at the office.
- Microfiche scanning London, microfiche scanning Manchester, microfilm scanning London, microfilm scanning Manchester.
Related microfiche scanning srticles
Want to convert microfiche to PDF with Pearl Scan?
To find out more about our microfiche and microfilm scanning services, get in touch:
Nationwide: 0845 22 55 923 London: 0207 183 1885
Manchester: 0161 832 7991 Birmingham: 0121 285 1900
or fill our online contact form.