Survey form scanning and data capture
Have you noticed how much time it takes for all the data to be typed into your database? have you realised how many people you need to hire to do this? And have you ever wondered what happens to all the wasted paper once it has been collected? We have been helping companies, marketing research agencies, medical trusts and universities with their survey scanning solutions for more than 10 years.
What types of surveys can we scan?
- Customer feedback and analysis survey forms
- Customer contact detail forms
- Medical survey forms
- Employee feedback surveys
- Market research and assessment survey forms
- Retail prize draw forms and cards
- Business cards contact information
- General business process application forms
- School and university tests and exams
We can cater for all scanning projects, whether it be small volume of surveys or bulk scanning projects, in order to provide a one-stop solution.
Survey scanning is a process which involves scanning the paper copy of a survey using high resolution document scanners and capturing the completed response or feedback using sophisticated data capture software and systems. It is the most time saving, cost-efficient and accurate way of capturing and gathering the data from surveys, forms, questionnaires and exam papers.
Our scanning approach
Before we begin your survey scanning and data capture project, one of our data capture specialists will work with you to study your survey, form or questionnaire in order to assess:
- the structure
- its layout
- general formatting
- question types (closed or open-eneded questions).
We will then advise on the most suitable scanning, whether it be automated or semi-automated, to ensure the data is captured in the most efficient and cost effective way. We have the capacity, flexibility and scalability to scan all types, shapes and sizes of survey forms within a short lead time.
Once the scanning process is complete, we can supply the data back to you in your required format, such as:
- Ms. Excel (.xls)
- Access Database
We can also produce statistical analysis reports both in Excel or PDF formats which can be simple or as elaborate as you wish.
Data Capture Works
Survey design, print and mailing service (Optional)
If you have not already created and designed your survey, we have our in-house survey design studio who can take your questionnaire brief from any format e.g. Ms. Word, Text or PDF file and create a professional looking, user friendly design. We can also print your surveys to the required stock paper as well fully manage the mail merging and fulfilment of your campaign.
Fast and secure collection service
You can either choose to dispatch your surveys to us or we can collect the surveys from you using our nationwide next day collection service or you can have them sent to a dedicated PO Box.
Your surveys will be prepared and sorted for the scanning process with the removal of fasteners and envelopes. This is important to guarantee the final and accurate result.
We use the latest scanners equipped with ultrasonic, double-feed and automated colour detection and image processing tools. Forms and surveys are scanned in batches at high speed into high resolution files.
Survey data capture
After the scanning process, various data capture and recognition technologies are used to capture or read the required information from the surveys. The results are then extracted to the required file format such CSV, Microsoft Excel, Access, XML or SPSS format.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for typed text.
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) for marks/checks/ticks
- ICR (Intelligent Character Recognition) for structured handwriting i.e. written on letter per box.
- Manual data entry for unstructured handwriting.
ISO quality checks
All of our survey scanning services are fully accredited to ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance standards and, in addition to this, we have developed our internal quality-control procedures to ensure that the scanning and data capture process meets the highest accuracy levels.
Secure data delivery
All data processed and captured is owned by our clients, kept in secure, confidential areas and delivered in fully encrypted format via a secure method, secure FTP, Encrypted disks etc.
Upon completion of your project, we can either return, securely store or have your original surveys shredded with accredited certification.
Why choose Pearl Scan?
- A decade of experience working with the most reputable marketing research and institutes in the UK.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are easy to approach.
- Custom built survey scanning and data capture facility around security, safety, confidentiality and scalability.
- One-stop service for from design to the delivery of your data.
- Infrastructure to support small-to-large, quick-to-long terms survey processing projects.
- Fully supported services and managed survey scanning throughout the UK.
- Trusted by many public and Private organisation.
- Fully accredited ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 27001 (Information Management System) and EMS 14001 (Environment Management System) and Data Protection 1998.
- Scanning and data capture of all types of surveys and questionnaires to Excel, CSV, SPSS formats.