Large Format Scanning
Are you surrounded by rolls of paper? Can't find the drawing you need easily? Worried the paper drawings are getting mouldy, wet and destroyed?
Here at Pearl Scan we know about these problems. We are a large format scanning bureau based in Manchester with sale offices in London and Birmingham. Our large format scanning process goes through a strict supervision and we use the latest in image processing and drawing scanning technology to guarantee the best results.
We scan large format documents for:
- Construction firms
- City councils
Types of large format drawing we scan?
- Engineering drawings
- Local area maps
- Technical product drawings
- Electrical circuit drawings
- Housing plans
- Building /construction drawings
- Railway plans
- Ordnance survey maps
Why digitise Large Format Documents?
Large format scanning, also known as wide format scanning, is the process of digitising paper based plans, blueprints and large format drawings into digital format. Scanning large format documents can;
- Cut costs
- Improve workflow
- Modernise your practices
Some more benefits of large format document scanning include the safe storage options, easy access, sharing capabilities and storage space.
Our Large Format Scanning approach
At Pearl Scan we cater for small one-off scanning requirements right up to large backlog scanning of your legacy drawings, plans and archives. For small batches of large format drawings, we can offer express scanning with a same day turnaround and for large format bulk scanning projects we still offer a short notice period.
- Scan drawings to TIFF, PDF, JPEG format; or large format bulk scanning.
- We can help you build a database storage and retrieval system with our in-house built software, Halogen, where the drawings are stored and accessed easily and quickly from a central location on your network. This is recommended for a large volume of drawings.
- Once scanned we can also provide copy or print of your large format drawings, plans, art work, ordnance surveys in black and white or full colour format with fast turnaround time.
- We also offer CAD conversion service; where we can scan large format drawings and convert them to editable digital format (.DWG, .DXF format).
- We have the facilities, drawing scanning equipment, experience and accreditations to meet your organisation's needs.
How Our Large Format Scanning Process Works
Fast & Secure Collection Service
Our secure vans and team of collection coordinators can collect your large format documents from anywhere in the UK with 24 hour notice.
Prior to scanning we will pre-prepare and sort as well as repair any damaged documents, where required. This will ensure a smooth processing and excellent image quality result is achieved during the scanning process.
Scanning or Digitisation Process
Your large format drawings, plans, blue prints and art work can either be scanned using our wide format feed scanner or laid flat and scanned/digitised using our flatbed or overhead scanners. We have recently upgraded our large format feed scanner to guarantee a faster, high image resolution scanning process for documents up to 44 inches wide.
Large Format Scanning Sample
Prior to setting up the whole scanning process, a small sample of your drawings are scanned and indexed and images are then created for approval. Once the sample has been approved, the scanning process can begin and the full set of drawings are then scanned, converted and indexed exactly as you require.
Large Format Image Enhancement
If required we can apply image enhancements and optimisation to old or poor quality drawings and plans in order to make them more legible to view or print. Each drawing image is inspected and compared against the original drawing to ensure the highest quality output is achieved.
Large Format Indexing
For large scanning projects, it is useful to create a database archive of your drawings and plans. We can either supply our in-house document storage & retrieval software, Halogen, which provides fully searchable database library or, if you already have a system, we can supply the data in your required format indexed by Title, Reference Number, Description, Issue Number or Revision Number.
ISO Level Quality Checks
All our large format scanning services are fully accredited to ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance standards and, in addition to this, we have developed our internal quality-control procedures to ensure that the scanning process and digitalisation meets the required industry standards.
Delivery of Scanned Images
The large format scanned images are normally supplied on a CD, DVD or USB, Email or via secure FTP. When supplying confidential data, we can encrypt the entire collection using 128-Bit 256 encryption level.
Upon completion of your project, we can either return, securely store or have your originals shredded with accredited certification.
Benefits of Large Format Scanning
Sharing and Distribution
Large format imaging and digital management allows you to share and distribute documents quickly and easily over a local network or online.
Access from anywhere
Whether you are in the office using your shared network, or out and online, you'll be able to access scanned images with ease.
Large format scanning has proven time and time again, to be highly efficient and cost effective to manage, maintain, access and distribute your documents.
Improves productivity and efficiency
As it is faster and easier to find and use, efficiency rises and productivity improves significantly.
Boosts staff morale
You can boost staff motivation for staff with expanding workloads by implementing a simpler system that allows them to get more done in less time.
Gives back much needed space
Upon completion and approval, the space and documents can be recycled, leaving you with some much needed space.
Using a digital document management system to keep track of your documents digitally makes your office more modern and future-proof..
Security and Confidentiality
If your large format documents are to be kept in a secure environment, it is much easier to maintain the security and safety of the information in digital format than in hardcopy.
Why choose us?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider Pearl Scan large wide format scanning and conversion services;
- We have a decade of experience working with the most recognised architects, building surveyors in the UK
- We are a dedicated and friendly team of scanners who are easy to approach
- We have custom built scanning and conversion facility around security, safety, confidentiality and scalability
- We offer a one-stop service for scanning, copy, print and conversion to CAD
- We have the infrastructure to support small-to-large projects
- We have fully supported services and managed drawings and plans scanning throughout the UK
- We are fully accredited with ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 27001 (Information Management System) and EMS 14001 (Environment Management System) and Data Protection 1998