Invoice Data Capture Services
Typically, when buyers receives paper invoices from their suppliers, they have to manually key into their accounting or financial system. This process can be laborious - accounting for up to 75% of their time - and expensive.
Another option would be to invest in scanning hardware. However this would mean investing in the training of your staff, which can prove to be costly and time consuming.
Captured data to your system
We offer a unique outsourced solution, where accounts and finance departments have the following flexible options:
- We can collect your invoices on the required frequency (bi-weekly, weekly etc.).
- A dedicated P.O Box can be setup for your suppliers to send invoices to.
- You can scan and upload daily batches of invoices to our FTP.
Hardcopy invoices will be scanned, whereas invoices received in an electronic format will skip the scanning process and go directly to the data capture process. The required data from invoices will be captured and delivered to you so you can import them into the workflow, account - such as Sage, or any ERP financial system.
Our outsourced invoice scanning services offer huge on-going cost cutting benefits:
- Save initial capital investment
- Save on staff training (finance and IT)
- Save on on-going system support contract
The data we capture
Our data capture services can scan and capture data from any format, size, printed or handwritten invoices. Invoices are scanned and the required key data is captured (as shown in the image), as well as all line item data, including:
- Supplier invoice number
- Purchase order number
- Invoice date
- Invoice net value
- Invoice tax value
- Invoice gross value
Our combination of semi-automated capture and extraction delivers the highest possible accuracy level, eliminating the need to manually re-enter data while accelerating overall turnaround time and saving cost.
Our invoice data capture service offers the following additional features:
- Pearl Scan's Invoice Capture Service accepts any type of incoming invoices, volumes, scan and supply the data into the format your business requires (e.g. CSV, XML).
- Invoices can be received directly from the suppliers to a dedicated PO Box or electronically via dedicated email account
- Invoices can be captured at the required data levels:
- Basic invoice variable data
- Basic invoice variable data and line items
- Different nominal codes can also be added and correctly recorded against each line item
- It provides a simple and fast service model, as our customers only need to communicate a new mailing address to their suppliers. We then start capturing and sending the data
- Our outsourced invoice service model means that there is no upfront capital investment required
- Based on a per-invoice pricing model, your cost scales along with your business
To learn more of our data capture services
It is the most cost effective, flexible and scalable solution. Simply send your invoices to us and we will accurately capture the required data and send an importable data file for your accounting and/or finance system. You can contact us today either with our online contact form. You can either call our team directly: 0161 832 7991 or 0845 225 5923. They will assist you with your questions and enquiries regarding our invoice data capture services.