Bulk Document Scanning
Pearl Scan is a bulk document scanning company with the infrastructure to offer high volume, backfile, historical and archive scanning of your documents, files or folders.
- For over a decade, Pearl Scan has successfully delivered many high volume and conversion of archives to fully searchable digital archive libraries.
- Our bulk scanning bureau has the capacity to scan 15 million images per month
- We offer our clients the flexibility and scalability to work with the high volume scanning projects.
- All of our bulk document scanning services are accredited to ISO 9000, 27001 and 14001 best quality, security and environment management standards.
- Our bulk scanning and conversion to digital format is low cost to implement and provides a positive change within any organisation.
- Going digital using bulk scanning services offers a variety of benefits which extend far beyond digitising your documents.
- We offer bulk document scanning London, bulk document scanning Manchester and bulk document scanning across the rest of the UK.
Bulk Scanning Services
A dedicated team is allocated to each bulk or archive document scanning project. The team consist of the project managers, project supervisors, scanners, processing specialists, quality controllers, collection and delivery coordinators and technical staff. Our teamwork and dedication to your project allows us to communicate effectively, allocate resources more efficiently and meet the project goals successfully. Our dedicated project managers have a minimum of five years of experience in managing and delivering variety of bulk high volume document scanning projects and meeting tight delivery deadlines.
Regardless of where you are in the UK or Europe, we will fully manage the entire conversion of your project either on your site or at our facilities. We can also provide the initial support of scoping, creating inventories of the boxes, files, folders, labelling and preparing the batches ready for the collection process. We will also develop a scanning project plan from its inception to the delivery with clearly defined project time schedules and deadlines.
The Scanning Process
The scanning and management of any large amount of boxes, files and folders is an important task and must be acknowledged accordingly. Our bulk scanning service take the unique "tried and tested" approach in the scanning and delivering of large volume projects by deploying carefully designed phases, from the initial brief through to collection, processing and delivering of the digital batches. Our professional bulk document scanning service not only focuses on delivering high volume scanning but equally on delivering upon client's standards and expectations.
Collection services in the UK and Europe
Backed up by our national and Europe logistic network, we can collect and deliver from your location using our courier partners this includes bulk scanning London, bulk scanning Manchester and bulk scanning across the rest of the UK and Europe.
This usually involves the removal of paperclips and staples along with other fasteners to be able to process your documents correctly.
Documents are then scanned using industrial document scanners equipped with state-of-the-art image capture cameras, data processing, image enhancement and quality control functions. Our bulk document scanning workflow breaks the large volumes into small automated manageable sizes for image processing and quality checking before releasing the batch to the next phase of the scanning workflow, such as OCR application to convert scanned images into fully text searchable PDF files.
Indexing or Cataloguing
Document indexing or cataloguing is applied to create either a fully searchable data; or files are simply named by the required file storage and retrieval criteria such as file title, reference number or date.
Output and Delivery of the Scanned Files
The final approved batches of the digital files are then extracted from the systems and supplied to the client onto their chosen storage media such as DVD, USB, secure FTP, Halogen or Pearl Cloud portal. For the security and confidentiality of the data delivery, we can encrypt the entire data using highest level of encryption.
Free Document Management Software
As well as providing data in a standard PDF file format, if your department or company does not have any bulk document or archive management system, we can supply the data in our free document management software Halogen, or host it for you on our secure cloud based document storage service, Pearl Cloud portal. We can also supply data in Ms. SharePoint format in whatever version you may have deployed.
The Advantages of Scanning
- Improved productivity
- Huge potential space saving
- Vast reductions in outgoing costs
- Low cost solution to saving money and improving workflow
- Potential boosts in staff morale
- Better green credentials and environmental impact
- There are also many other benefits that you often discover having had a digital system in place for some time.
How Much Does Large Volume Document Scanning Cost?
Like all of our scanning services, our bulk scanning service is completely bespoke and can be tailored to suit your needs. For this reason it can be difficult to give an idea of cost until we know your requirements so why not get in touch and one of our sales team can talk you through your options and draw up a quote for the project.
Related Bulk Document Scanning Articles
- Protect Perishable Records with Document Scanning Solutions
- Safeguard Your Documents Against the Great British Weather
- National Employee Motivation Day- 21st January 2015
- Scanning - a Lifeline for Struggling Organisations
- Hiring Scanning Services vs. Scanning In-House