Those of you who are new to OCR (Optical Character Recognition), or even those of you who are familiar with it, might understand why it may be a useful tool when it comes to digital document storage rather than traditional paper storage, but there are so many advantages of OCR that you might not have thought about. You might even find that some of these will be useful for your company or even sway your decision to have your documents OCR processed.
Lets look at the Advantages of OCR
- Documents will be text-searchable with OCR processing. From that, it gives you the advantage of using the name of your documents, reference numbers, addresses, etc; when searching through your data base
- Saving you lots of time when using a digital files rather than paper documents.
- OCR processing can massively improve your customer services. If you take incoming calls which require you to access documents then having those document available instantly in digital form can make the overall customer experience better due to the speed of searching for the files they need and the ability to edit their contents easily.
- Your documents can become editable with OCR. We can convert the files to MS Word and any other editable digital formats.
- OCR allows you to copy and paste from the document itself whether that's in PDF format or MS Word format.
- With low costing OCR processing. The advantage is that it can improve how your business operates
- OCR is also known to boost staff morale when their working environment is easier to work within and less paper-centric.
Now you know the Advantages | What's Next?
It is possible to apply OCR conversion to documents which have already been scanned to PDF, JPG and TIFF format and it can also be included in the document scanning services offered here at Pearl Scan.
Contact us today to discover how we can tailor our OCR scanning and conversion service to suit your requirements. We work to find the best possible solution for you.
We can provide a free quotation and professional advice