Introducing Latest in the Book Scanning, Magazines, Journals, Manuscripts, Thesis and Newspapers Scanning
Pearl Scan has recently invested and introduced a new and more cost effective scanning and digitisation service offering the two methods for low to high volume digitisation (Non-destructive book scanning) and scanning (Destructive book scanning) of books. We have heavily invested in the state-of-the-art overhead leaner type book scanners which provide excellent result for bound books. It scans it without the need for dismantling or damaging the binding of the books.
Here are the two book scanning methods that we use to scan your books and any bound material
Non-destructive Book Scanning
Our Non-destructive Scanning Service even allows us to scan the following types of hardcopy material;
- delicate, fragile, rare, legacy, historical and poor quality material
- books, magazines, journals, note books, diaries, bound volumes
- out of print books, thesis, manuscripts, newspapers, comics, artwork, posters
- other bound material such as parish records, historical journals, technical manuals and academic work without damage.
Destructive Book Scanning
If you have a spare copy of the book, then it will be cheaper to have the spine removed and scan the book through using our high resolution image scanners. In this service, the spine of your book is removed before the scanning process commences. This is so that the pages can be run through one of our feed scanners. As this is a mostly automated service and takes less time to digitise compared to the in-tact scanning method, the price is much lower.
Book Scanning and Image enhancement
Our image processing applications corrects the scanned images to allow for the page curvature, background, de-skew, crop and de-speckle functionality, providing excellent image quality results that can be used as below;
OCR processing and conversion service
- Once scanned, OCR of the books to be converted to the following formats
- Fully Editable Microsoft Word Document Format [Ms. Word Format]
- Fully Text Searchable PDF Format
- Fully Text Editable Format
- Fully XML Coded Format
- Scan to Web Archive
Once books are scanned using any of the above two optional methods, our scan-to-web publishing service enables us to optimise the image size suitable for Web Archiving & Publishing, Online Portals, Online Downloads and view at their best in media where low file size means optimum speed of activity, such as the internet and e-books.
Other Output Mediums
- web publishing
- conversion to e-formats such as PDF, Kindle, iPAD, ePUB etc.
- desktop publishing
- on-demand printing
Our book scanning services include:
- High attention to detail and quality control
- Black and White, Grayscale and Colour Scanning/Digitisation Options
- Scanning at true high resolution [minimum 300dpi]
- Use of professional and specialist Book Scanners
- Ability to scan up to A2 size
- Safe and Secure Facility
- In-house bespoke development facility for special requirements and projects
- Page turning format [Flip-page] for CD, web and e-book effects
- Image enhancement, clean-up of difficult-to-read pages through image restoration service.